APCP Respiratory Workshop
The APCP Respiratory Committee will be running this series of workshops across the UK in 2017/ 2018. List of workshops: Friday, 12th May 2017 - Serennu Children's Centre, Newpor Saturday, 7th October 2017 - Milton Keynes University Hospital, Milton Keyne TBC - November 2017 - Edinburgh TBC January 2018 - Liverpool
By the end of the course participants should:
- have a revised knowledge of the anatomy and physiology of the respiratory system including paediatric differences
- be able to explain why children with complex health needs are at greater risk of respiratory compromise and morbidity
- be able to demonstrate a good working knowledge of a paediatric respiratory assessment, subjective and objective
- be able to use clinical reasoning and evidence based practice to identify relevant airway clearance techniques appropriate for the individual chil
- have gained a theoretical and practical knowledge of cough adjuncts and non-invasive ventilatio
- be able to understand and identify any precautions and contraindications to treatment technique
- have gained a greater understanding of the role of a community respiratory physiotherapist and how this fits into the wider MDT
Through the relationship and agreeement between the ACPRC and APCP, ACPRC members can access members rates for the workshops.
For further information / to book your place: visit the Respiratory Committee pages on the APCP website.